Contact Us for a Free Consultation 212-566-6780


$800 Million For NYC Small Businesses

Posted by Jordan Tapia | Apr 14, 2021 | 0 Comments

There is currently $800 million up for grabs for commercial tenants with fewer than 100 employees. The funding is available through Empire State Development (ESD). In order to be eligible for the funds, the small business has to establish that they lost at least 40% of their income during the COVID-19 emergency. The funds can be spent on anything, including rent or utilities. Some groups had been advocating for a program through which property owners would have to waive 20% of rent arrears in exchange for the state paying the other 80% but so far, this has been rejected. If you are a commercial tenant who wants to see if you are eligible for funding, or a property owner who needs help negotiating with your commercial tenants or helping them apply for relief, please contact us today to see how we can help. 

About the Author

Jordan Tapia

Phone: (212) 566-6780 Email: [email protected] Jordan Tapia, a partner at our law firm, is known as a fierce litigator. She has successfully represented various small businesses facing eviction and has helped many come to an amicable resolution with their landlord, often avoiding litigati...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Contact us Today

Moss & Tapia Law is committed to answering your questions about Estate and Family Planning, Co-ops & Condos, Judgment Enforcement & Collections, Landlord/Tenant & Eviction Proceedings, Real Estate & Commercial Litigation, and Real Estate Transactions in the New York and Connecticut area.

We offer a free consultation and we'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.

(646) 849-3073