Purchases & Sales
For most people, the purchase or sale of a home will be the biggest transaction in their lives. Our lawyers at Moss & Tapia Law, LLC can guide you through the legal complexities that may arise from buying or selling a property in New York. It is important that we handle each case individually and clients fully understand how a closing will affect their lives, families and futures.
Our team at Moss & Tapia Law, LLC handles different types of purchases and sales, including:
- Single and multifamily housing
- Cooperative properties
- Office buildings
- Shopping centers
- Warehouses and industrial sites
At the end of each closing, at no additional cost, we provide a complete digital closing binder which clearly summarizes and organizes your transaction. The closing binder includes a closing statement that summarizes the transaction in an easily readable form. It also includes copies of important, relevant documents generated by the transaction.
Thinking about purchasing a property? Read this for more information.
At Moss & Tapia Law, LLC, we represent individuals and businesses in commercial settings looking to resolve lease. We accomplish our clients' goals through either negotiation, litigation, or a combination of the two.
Commercial leases are often complex, so it is important that the parties are represented. We can negotiate with a commercial building owner regarding lease terms. We can draft a solid lease on behalf of the building owner. We represent both commercial landlords and commercial tenants in lease negotiations and we are well-equipped to handle the myriad of issues that arise.
We will thoroughly review any commercial lease regarding:
- Parties and premises: We can ensure the location of the premises and the parties listed on the lease are identified and specify the use of the premises properly;
- Terms: We review lease terms, so they are correct and reasonable, including length of lease and any applicable extensions;
- Rent payments/frequency: We can ensure the monthly payments reflect the current state of the market;
- Expenses: Commercial leases often contain clauses regarding pro rata increases for operating expenses, common-area maintenance, additional rent or other provisions. We can review a lease to ensure the terms are favorable to you and accurately reflect the space occupied;
- Restrictions/responsibilities: When drafting a lease, we can negotiate where your responsibilities and restrictions begin and end. For current leases, we can interpret your actual duties.
For more information or to schedule your initial consultation, call 212-566-6780 or contact us online today.